Thursday, September 1, 2011

I am not here to remind you

I am not here to remind you how to live -
to rise like uncensored cream
at the milk bottle's silicate rim
and drink only full-mouthed pleasures.

I am not here to remind you
to let tidal pools welcome your tread
and expect only sand-smoothed stones
breathing beneath each step.

I am not here to remind you
that you are anxious because you forget
the solitary path to my welcome
and instead grasp the soil of your emotions
with gusto and justification
as if each furrow will last beyond a day.

Instead I will let you discover me
this vast unwaiting presence
of your authenticity that forever exists
because it always is.

I am only here to cherish 
since below, beneath, and apart from
all your experiences from life to life
you know the way...

To the lighted canopy of windows
and the shared belonging in warmth
to the patternless facets of joy
that open your face
and shine your image
back into mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment