You should go.
You really should go.
You should really go see this movie
And tell me how you like it.
I am this movie and there’s no plot.
characters fall in and out
like liquid
drunk fast
and rinsed from the glass.
Another day is ruined.
it’s raining gray disbelief with nothing to do.
the cherry tree tipped over in the storm.
someone drove off the road avoiding a deer.
traffic’s a mess.
we’ll never get back on time.
Call me when you get home.
Tell me if you thought
It was as good as I did.
Don’t forget to call.
Promise.
Sometimes the extras get in the way.
Keats coughs arterial blood and knows he’s dead.
Suddenly I’m in Italy, buying cappuccino, weeping for this
boy/man with a tombstone
when the radio tells me to get up for work.
All this waiting drags on.
I let it slide and slide
until I feel a margin
seep along the edges.
It’s just me, the windowsill, a night sky,
and I’m awake.
If you get home too late
just leave a message and
I’ll call you tomorrow.
It’s not a problem.
bye, bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment