I’d like to comment on
this gap between remarks.
Perhaps you notice that
what you say and what I say
is not in synch.
We wander outside the subject,
peek into corners of no connection,
back away and forget
just what we were saying.
It is common,
this thread that has pulled to pieces.
The humor is that we hardly notice.
Perhaps syllables have tangled our meanings,
perhaps words can’t do their jobs,
perhaps meaning, said in words,
is not the point.
Perhaps the point
is just the connection,
skating over our little ponds,
turning,
and with a flash of icy blades
meeting
breath’s solid surface,
spraying frozenness up and up
where we inhale and melt into meaning.
You see,
I don’t value words for themselves
but for what they do;
the shuffling between us
that makes everything plentiful,
and for a frozen instance, true.
Perhaps words cannot translate,
they just want to see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment